Position title: Finance and Administration Assistant
Location: Frankfurt, Germany
Start Date: December 1
Contract: Part time, 4 days/week
Nature Trust Alliance (NTA) is collaboration between two of Europe’s leading conservation trust funds: the Caucasus Nature Fund (CNF) and Prespa Ohrid Nature Trust (PONT). Acting as the European headquarters for the two trust funds, NTA provides operational support services for the two trust funds so they can focus on their core missions of nature conservation in the Caucasus and the Balkans. This model of “shared services” is considered a leading-edge innovation in the conservation trust fund community.
CNF and PONT have combined investment assets of €55 million, and employ innovative and sustainable financing in order to conserve the unique flora and fauna of the South Caucasus and South Balkan regions, while improving the day-to-day lives of the local people.
NTA is seeking an organized and passionate multi-tasker for the role of Finance and Administration Assistant. This is a challenging opportunity for a professional to help develop NTA’s small and forward thinking team. This post offers the opportunity to gain experience in the administration and management of a start-up organization and would suit someone interested in developing their financial skills.
In addition to ensuring efficient coordination of day-to-day operations of the Frankfurt office, the Finance and Administration Assistant will assume significant responsibility for major administrative functions of the NTA office, primarily in the areas of financial management and Human Resources. Reporting to the Finance and Operations Manager, the role will initially involve a great deal of overall office organization and administration while processes are being created and set in place. The right candidate will be a highly organized, detail-oriented, creative self-starter with proven experience in project/office management.
A flexible part-time schedule (4 days/week) is available to qualified candidates. This role will likely turn into a fulltime position in the future.
- Manage monthly expense reporting for NTA Frankfurt office and CNF and PONT regional offices;
- Financial reporting on quarterly basis to accountant, maintenance of schedules of investments and transfers, reconciliation with account statements;
- Maintain payment information and entries to grant management database;
- Organize program disbursements in regional banks (Caucasus and Balkans);
- Support annual audit process.
- Coordinate with external payroll company and cost accountant for salaries, paid holidays, other benefits and social charges payments for NTA staff;
- Monthly salary and expense payments for CNF and PONT regional staff.
- Office management including keeping supplies stocked, fixing problems with equipment, maintaining digital and physical files;
- Manage contracts with external suppliers for utilities, rent , insurance, professional and other services, ensure services delivered as per contracts and invoices submitted appropriately;
- Assist with preparation of regular board meetings and correspondence;
- Maintain contact list of vendors, suppliers, etc.
- At least 5 years of experience in office/project management and coordination;
- Understanding of best practices in business accounting, budgeting and financial management;
- Strong mastery of Microsoft Excel;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and German;
- Attention to detail;
- Proactive and able to work independently once trained, and with minimal guidance;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Flexibility to take on a variety of routine tasks and special projects.
- Experience working with international organizations or multi-cultural teams is viewed as an asset;
- Experience working in conservation and or environmental sector is desirable.
Please send Letter of Motivation and Curriculum Vitae in English to email@example.com by Monday 14 November.
Due to the large number of applications received for each of our positions, we regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.