Fresh eyes can make all the difference.
In late September, an eclectic and inquisitive group of CNF supporters joined me on a weeklong adventure through nature and culture in Armenia and Georgia. We visited several of CNF’s present and future projects along with the monasteries and museums on the way.
Khosrov Forest, Dilijian and Kazbeghi National Parks are places that, after six years of building CNF, have become familiar to me. But for most of our 15 guests, many from distant corners of the globe, this visit was their first.
Their enthusiasm for and wonderment at the sights we saw and the work we do have refreshed my vision and renewed my conviction in the beauty of this region and the importance of our mission.
I cannot thank them enough.*
*Thanks go also of course to the CNF friends, advisors and sponsor organizations named below for their special contributions to the success of the trip.
• Ministry of Nature Protection of Armenia, and Minister Aram Harutyunyan
• Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources of Georgia, and Minister Khatuna Gogaladze
• National Competitiveness Foundation of Armenia, Director Arman Khachaturyan & Syuzanna Azoyan
• CNF Advisory Board Members Gabriela von Habsburg, Ian Hague, Nina Hovnanian, & Hartmut Jungius
• CNF Events Coordinator John Graham
Latest posts by David Morrison (see all)
- Season of Change—David Morrison Steps Down as Executive Director - March 3, 2016
- Director’s Desk: On Location in Borjomi - September 11, 2014
- Director’s Desk: A Ranger’s Eyes - July 23, 2014
- Director’s Desk: Reflection on Nature Protection and Tourism - February 24, 2014
- Director’s Desk: Fresh Eyes - October 8, 2013