During my recent visit to Borjomi-Kharagauli National Park, I had a chance to switch roles for a day! I hung up my Executive Director’s hat and spent the day as an actor in a new film on the work of CNF; telling CNF’s story directly from one of the parks we support.
The pictures show me in a horrific burned forest (a scar from the 2008 Russian bombing) and with the local kids of Borjomi—symbols of the challenges we face and hope for the future in building sustainable national parks in the Caucasus.
Both scenes will be featured in the new film, which is being financed with the generous support of the Bank of Georgia. The film will open in November at a gala event in Berlin sponsored by KfW.
Many thanks go to our sponsors Bank of Georgia and KfW. Thanks also to our film crew led by Nika of EcoFilms, to Levan, Natia and the entire staff of Borjomi Khargauli National Park, and to CNF’s Georgia National Coordinator Tea for their hard work on location last weekend!
David Morrison is Executive Director of the Caucasus Nature Fund
Latest posts by David Morrison (see all)
- Season of Change—David Morrison Steps Down as Executive Director - March 3, 2016
- Director’s Desk: On Location in Borjomi - September 11, 2014
- Director’s Desk: A Ranger’s Eyes - July 23, 2014
- Director’s Desk: Reflection on Nature Protection and Tourism - February 24, 2014
- Director’s Desk: Fresh Eyes - October 8, 2013